Wednesday 11 November 2009

Bad blogger!

Almost 2 weeks since my last blog! Which I believe in the scheme of blogging makes me slightly bad!
its what has happened in the past too, I start then I forget/think 'I'll do that tomorrow'/say I'm too busy etc.
But this time I am back, I am not sure I'll ever be that person who comes online and updates daily. Perhaps when we have a good internet connection at home so I can update in the evenings. Perhaps when I get a folksy shop open that I will be online checking daily, maybe one day it will happen.
Mainly though I just don't think i have anything all that interesting to say on a day to day basis.

There are a couple of things I want to say about today though. firstly last night I made my first fabric flower, it was a practice for making the bouquets and button holes for our wedding.
It was frustrating. It took me ages. I had to unpick it numerous times. I stabbed myself with a needle. I broke my small sewing machine. I burnt my finger on the glue gun.
But. I finally did it, and it looks alright. for a first attempt at least! and next time I know what I need to do to make it easier.
Hoorah. In fact, it looks so alright, I think I am going to make it prettier with some sequins, and turn it into a broach to sell.

And the other thing. Well I have just been feeling different lately. Happier. More contented. I don't care that the carpet has stains on it and we can't afford laminate flooring, I don't care that we can't afford to re decorate! All in all its really not that bad, or that important. Yes one day I'd like my dream home, but it just wont happen now!
Its kinda odd, but very relieving and empowering. I still do get a pang of jealousy when I see things I want, but it isn't making me sad any more! I am actually pretty happy with my lot, and that feels good.

I think its partly because this weekend we rented the whole of Series 3 of Heroes, and just sat and watched it ALL day Sunday. Normally I am running round like a mad woman doing lots of things, but at the same time not really doing anything.
I was very agitated at first, finding things I could do while watching and things I could organise while on the sofa. After a while D told me to 'just stop it and relax', which i did, eventually.
And you know what, I think it was the most productive weekend I have had for ages. x

No comments:

Post a Comment