Friday 30 October 2009

caffeine low & what luggage!!?

I am feeling exceptionally tired at the moment. I think I am on a caffeine and sugar low after my hardcore latte this morning. I don't normally drink too much caffeine and I'm now feeling like I've not slept for a few days if not a week!

Isn't that the opposite effect to what is supposed to happen?

This evening we had planned to pop grocery shopping, and to go into the travel agents where we booked out honeymoon to see about changing one of the hotels and to check the baggage allowance... now I know this is a long way off, but I know I need new luggage (I have a lovely blue and brown old styled case, which now has a hole in it thanks to the lovely staff of Ryanair) so I was planning on finding appropriate luggage that will not tempt me to go over the allowance and therefore mean we would get stung with extra charges!

I refuse to have ugly luggage though. I don't know why, we go on holiday once a year at most nowadays (oh, the days when we first met, both working at a travel agents meaning we were holidaying multiple times a year!) the rest of the time it sits up in the loft, holding seasonal clothes or a spare duvet.

But there is just something luxurious about attractive luggage, it makes me happy. It makes the holiday feel that little bit more special. Like I am a little bit more special.
It still has to be a wheely case, my arms would not take kindly to actually having to carry all my things, and I don't think D would be too pleased either (he's bound to be the one who'd end up carrying it)
I don't want a hard case, they are too heavy, and take up valuable weight which could be used for extra heels or make up, or other various pretty things.
But it needs to be study enough to protect anything breakable
Nothing too garish, but nothing too plain or boring either.

My current luggage, now complete with a hole, is a lovely pale turquoise faux leather with brown buckles on it. Not dissimilar to this
Which can be found here, but at $196 is just a touch out of my budget, and they do not accept international orders. Blast!

My current case is just right for a long weekend/week in Europe (a week if I sneak a few bits into D's case!) but for our honeymoon, Vegas and then Mexico, 12 days in total... its just not quite going to manage it.

Hopefully I shall be lucky and find something perfect somewhere in a winter sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment