Thursday 19 November 2009

Ch ch ch chaaaanges.

I seem to reaching a point in my life where big changes will be happening.

Yesterday my boss spoke to me about staring to take on some of the design work here at work. Which is fabulous, a great opportunity, and really what I have been after for the past 2plus years I have been working here.
It was quite unexpected as nothing has materialised in the past couple of years, and I'd almost given up hope of anything happening. We had a little chat, and I will speak to him again tomorrow about starting some training next week (it has been many many years sine I did any real graphic design work, and that was at college, so commercially I've technically done nowt!) With a bit of training here and there he seems to think it'll take about 6 months to get me fully up to speed.

Its quite an exciting prospect but also quite daunting. As I had kind of reserved myself to the fact it just wasn't going to happen, now the ball is actually been set in motion, its a bit scary!

But if you always ran from what scared you, nothing would be accomplished and I'd be stuck in a very sad and boring rut.

Hopefully this will make work much more enjoyable for me, will open up the possibility of more money, and eventually, when we do want to start a family, will make me going part time a much more viable option, even with the possibility of working from home for at least some of the time!

Basically this all adds up to the fact that in around 6 months, I shall be on track for a new job role, be married, and be turning 30...

So deep breath, and off into the great unknown*

*ok, great unknown is a touch melodramatic. Slightly unfamiliar would be more accurate!

No comments:

Post a Comment